- Start by creating an account here.
- Add balloon(s) to your cart and pay with your debit or credit card. Your balloon purchase(s) will be confirmed to you by email. If you purchased a balloon offline, you will be sent a unique ‘Balloon Activation code’ by email, which you can enter to give you access to your balloon account.
- You're now ready to decorate and customise your balloon!
- Gifted balloons – if you have been gifted a balloon, you will be sent a unique “balloon activation code” by email, which you can enter to give you access to your balloon account. NB – until you create & activate your account, your balloon is NOT in the race.
About Insurance United Against Dementia
Insurance United Against Dementia (IUAD) is an Alzheimer’s Society movement created and championed by leaders from across the insurance industry. The aim of IUAD is to raise £10 million to take on the 21st century’s biggest killer, dementia. So far, the campaign has raised over £7m to support people living with dementia and fund vital research.
- There are currently around 900,000 people with dementia in the UK. This is projected to rise to 1.6 million people by 2040.
- 209,600 will develop dementia this year, that’s one every three minutes.
- Almost half of the 300,000 people working in the UK insurance industry are affected by dementia, either directly or through a loved one.
- There are over 42,000 people under 65 with dementia in the UK. This is known as young-onset dementia.
Buy a virtual balloon in support of Alzheimer’s
£5 can pay for 13 ‘DNA duplicators’ which is a key piece of lab equipment. The DNA that makes up our genes is the blueprint our cells use to build our bodies. Understanding our genes is absolutely essential in understanding the causes of the diseases of the brain that lead to dementia. To do this, researchers need to be able to analyse DNA in the lab. These precious DNA samples are often incredibly small. However, researchers can use a ‘DNA duplicator’ to help copy the DNA strands, giving researchers larger samples to study.
About Alzheimer's Society
Alzheimer’s Society is the UK’s leading dementia charity. We campaign for change, fund research to find a cure and support people living with dementia today. Dementia is the UK’s biggest killer, and someone develops it every three minutes.